This is located in the town
of the same name, 40km from Aksaray on the Aksaray to Konya road. It is
one of the most magnificent Seljuk Caravanserais, and was built in 1228
upon the orders of Sultan Aladdin Keykubad.
The rectangular courtyard,
with a mosque in the centre, is entered by way of a splendid portal.
Porticos line the right side of the courtyard, while rooms and storage
areas are found on the left. A second portal on the left
of the courtyard leads to the stables. In this section 32 piers in
groups of 8, and in four rows, support the vaults.
The only light source here
is an oculus the dome, which resembles a cone on the outside.